I have been feeling quite positive lately and I thought it would be a good idea to share with you all. This blog is supposed to be more of my personal journal and I have pretty much failed in being personal.
So here is a list of 5 things I’m glad about right now: (in no particular order of importance)
- School is over – well not exactly over, but I’m done with my Spring term and I won’t be taking Summer courses. This Spring term was the first full term I worked full time and it was really very hard to keep up. On the one hand I want to just be done with school and graduate, but reality has shown me I have to just face the truth that it won’t happen for a while. I’m glad I am learning to accept this.
- I have a job I enjoy – besides being a drilling reservist, I work at a middle school as the School Secretary. I’ve been doing this for about eight months now and I can honestly say I don’t mind doing this until I’m done with school. Life as a School Secretary can be stressful – I am ALWAYS running and the work is never done. But I’m at a school, which is where I plan to be professionally anyway (as a teacher). On the other hand again, even though I enjoy it, sometimes it feels like I deal with a lot of peripheral issues and don’t get the important stuff done. (sigh)
- I have my health – As a school secretary I hear a lot of what different employees (and their relatives) have going on and it does not escape me that I do not share their issues. I do my best to console and advise as needed, but more importantly I hear them out – just listen. I’m thankful to God for my health and the fact that right now I am not dealing with nearly as terrifying things as some of the people I know.
- I have my family – I was raised by my mom who was a spectacular single parent. She showed me a lot by example – some not great, but the most important things she did perfectly. She worked hard (juggling even up to 3 jobs at a time), gave me all I needed (and more: I might even say I was a bit spoiled), and she always fought for what she thought was right. I believe I’m a strong woman because of her. Now I am married and have my own daughter and I hope eventually she will admire and appreciate all I work hard to do for her. My husband is really one of the greatest blessings in my life. I am madly (really) in love with him and love everything about him. If I think about it, I often just don’t understand how I got so lucky in landing such a dependable man. I hope that he also sees me as someone to lean on if at any time he needs it. I see us growing old together and I’m so appreciative of him in my life – both as my friend in high school, to my other half who might actually account for 3/4 of our success. Sorry for the sappiness – it’s honestly how I feel though!
- YOLO – I know how old You Only Live Once is but here are my thoughts on what this means. You might have a ton of stress or a ton of money to spend but it does not matter for very long because your life will be over before you know it. Literally, before you realize you are dead, you are. This is not to say you should never pursue a dream or make a positive difference in the world. Legacy is still (relatively) forever. But don’t get hung up on the little things. Tomorrow is a new day. I am thankful that every day God grants us is a new opportunity. See life in this manner and you won’t care that work just piles up, you will appreciate making dinner and spending time with family. Focus on family and your passion’s in a way that is humane and you will be guilt free as well as happy.
[dropshadowbox align=”none” effect=”lifted-both” width=”auto%” height=”” background_color=”#ffffff” border_width=”1″ border_color=”#dddddd” ]Your turn – give me your top 5 reasons to be happy right now![/dropshadowbox]